Rapid Packaging – Purchasing Assistant
Job Title: Purchasing Assistant
Department: Supply Chain/Customer Delivery
Location: Champlin, MN 55316
Hours: Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm)
Rapid Packaging has an exciting new opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant to become part of our Customer Delivery team! The position provides key support to our Buyers by handling general procurement and administrative duties as well as performing other miscellaneous job duties and departmental projects.
Rapid Packaging is a customer-focused, growth-oriented company and has been a leader in the packaging industry for over 40 years! As an employee of Rapid Packaging you will become part of an energetic culture and team environment that truly recognizes its employees’ hard work. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in all administrative functions to support the sourcing and purchasing functions;
- Track orders as necessary to ensure timely delivery;
- Follow-up with suppliers as needed to confirm or change orders;
- Update ERP system with order details/data (dates, vendors, quantities, pricing, etc.);
- Respond to vendor/customer inquiries on order and/or product status, questions, etc.;
- Researches potential vendors;
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, etc.
- Demonstrates initiative in their role by identifying opportunities to improve processes and overall efficiency;
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to department leader;
- Completes other duties and projects for department as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 1-2 years in an administrative role
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in oral and written format
- Ability to work in a team environment; can manage change and multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate directly to customers/suppliers via phone and email
- Results driven; detail oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Self-starter and able to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software and other spreadsheet applications
- Familiarity to ERP computer software platforms helpful
Please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com