Job Title: Buyer
Location: Champlin, MN 55316
Position Type: Full-time
Rapid Packaging has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Buyer to become part of our Purchasing team! This position serves as a key interface and essential resource for sales and customer delivery team. The position orders and maintains appropriate levels of inventory for all customer requests and assists in the negotiation of purchasing products. We have a culture rich and collaborative environment and are looking for employees who want to make an immediate impact.
Rapid Packaging is a customer-focused and growth oriented company who has been a leader in the packaging industry for 40 years! We ‘ve been recognized as a “100 Best Companies to Work For” company for three years in a row! Rapid Packaging specializes in helping customers discover their hidden profits through innovation and are recognized for our single source provider of packaging products and equipment.
As an employee of Rapid Packaging, you will become part of an energetic team environment that truly recognizes its employee’s hard work. We offer competitive pay, an excellent PTO and benefits package, as well as an Employer 401k match.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ordering and maintaining appropriate levels of inventory for customer requests
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with vendors and suppliers to obtain product information, competitive prices, lead times, specifications, and availability
- Account for returned inventory. Investigate and return items to the vendor in a timely manner
- Ensure item inventory is properly accounted for and reported on a monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual basis
- Prepare and communicate product quotations for customer service and sales
- Maintain and update P21 (ERP system) with vendor pricing
- Works closely with vendors and suppliers on credits and product replacement
- Ensures that credits are properly applied as required by the company’s information systems data entry requirements, and accounting and audit controls
- Continually work with new and existing vendors to enhance the competitive edge for the company
- Build strong relationships with vendors to ensure timely and effective communication
- Expedite open purchase orders
- Track and manage open vendor credits
- Bachelor’s degree in a job related major, preferable with three plus years of supplies purchasing experience; or equivalent work and supplies purchasing related experience.
- Product/Category/Commodity Management Experience
- Experience working in an ERP system such at Epicor/P21 or others preferred
- Previous experience in packaging industry and related products helpful
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in oral and written format
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office software and other spreadsheet applications
- Exposure to computer software such as accounting, purchasing, manifest, or plant data collection is preferred
- Proficiency in working with numbers and calculating figures and amounts such discounts, percentages and volume
- Strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, customers, and co-workers
Please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com